Toronto, Canada

Family Sponsorship

Sponsor Your Relatives

If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada and at least 18 years old, you may be able to sponsor certain relatives to immigrate under the Family Class.If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you must:

  • be able to meet basic needs—such as food, clothing and shelter—for yourself and your relative,
  • support your relative financially when he or she arrives, and
  • make sure your spouse or relative does not need to ask for financial help from the government.
Who can be sponsored:
  • The spouse or common-law partner of the person or Conjugal Partner
  • A dependent child of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner or Conjugal Partner
  • A dependent child of the dependent child
  • Parents and their dependent children who are under 22 years of age or if over 22 years, full time students or have a disability and financially dependent on parents
  • Grandparents
  • Orphan brothers, sisters, nephew/niece under 18 years and destitute children under 18 years of age whom a Canadian wishes to adopt
  • In-case a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident has no relative in Canada and no Family Class Relative whom he/she can Sponsor, they can Sponsor any one relative for Immigration to Canada